How do you adjust the choke on a Carter AFB?
Adjusting Choke Piston
- Block the throttle valve open.
- Loosen the clamp B.
- Hold the choke valve closed.
- Turn the clamp B clockwise until the piston moves all the way up in the cylinder and stops.
- Tighten the clamp B.
Where is the adjustment for the idle speed located on a carburettor?
The idle mixture screw controls the air fuel mixture at idle speed, and often is located near the throttle plate.
How do you fix air fuel mixture?
Make adjustments 1/2 a turn in either direction to find the smoothest idle speed. Turn the screw counterclockwise and clockwise 1/2 a turn from the middle position and listen to the sound of the idle. Set the screw in the position where the engine’s idle sounds most even and smooth to balance the fuel mixture.
How do you fix rich air/fuel mixture?
You can apply these methods described here to fix the rich mixture problem:
- Check The Air Duct’s Flap. The flap inside the air duct is an actuator that serves as choke. …
- Vacuum Lines And Hoses. …
- Clean The Mass Airflow Sensor. …
- The Oxygen Sensor. …
- Change the spark plugs.
How do you tell if a carburetor is rich or lean?
If the insulator near the plug tip is a nice light tan colour then it’s running approximately correct at that load/rpm. If they’re white then it’s running lean, if they’re a dark brown or worse colour then it’s running rich.
What is the H and L on a carburetor?
They are typically labeled L (low speed jet), H (high speed jet), and I (idler jet).
What are the two adjustment screws on a carburetor?
Find the adjustment screws on the front of the carburetor.
There should be two screws on the front of the carburetor, which are used to adjust the air and fuel mixture. Often these look like flat-head screws and you can use a screwdriver to turn them, adjusting the amount of fuel and air mixing in the carb.
How do you adjust a high and low carburetor?
Carburetor Adjustment Procedure
- Before you start the saw, locate a small flat-bladed screwdriver. …
- Begin by checking the saw’s air filter. …
- Check the fuel level. …
- Start the engine and warm it up. …
- Begin by setting the idle speed. …
- Set the low speed fuel adjustment. …
- Go back to step (4) and reset the idle speed.