Rolling mill requires high power motor generally dc motor and slip ring induction motor of multi-kilowatt (above 100 H.P motor) is preferred.
Which of the following motors are best for rolling mills?
Which of the following motors are best for the rolling mills?
- A. Single phase motors.
- Squirrel cage induction motors.
- Slip ring induction motors.
- D.C. motors.
Which motor is used in rolling mills?
1. DC Series Motor. Since it has high starting torque and variable speed, it is used for heavy duty applications such as electric locomotives, steel rolling mills, hoists, lifts and cranes.
Which type of drive can be used for hoisting machinery?
Ward Leonard system is commonly employed for elevators, hoists, and main drive in steel mills, as this method can give unlimited speed control in either direction. Since the generator voltage can be varied gradually from zero, no extra starting equipment is required to start up the main motor smoothly.
Which motor is used in industry?
The six most common motor types, which fit the vast majority of applications, are brushless and brush dc motors, ac squirrel cage and wound rotor motors, and servo and stepper motors. These motor types fit the vast majority of applications with the other types used only in specialty applications.
What will happen if DC shunt motor is connected across AC supply?
What will happen if DC shunt motor is connected across AC supply? Explanation: In case of parallel field connection, it won’t rotate at all and will start humming and will create vibrations, as a torque produced by positive and negative cycle will cancel out each other. DC motor will be heated up and it may burn.
Which motor is useful for blower and fan?
Induction motors — or (in the context of blowers in particular) often called by the more playful squirrel-cage motors (to avoid confusion with inducer-blower products). In fact, these motors are the most common used in blowers today, as they excel in high-horsepower blower and cooling-fan applications.
What are the three types of motors?
The types of Electric motors are available in three main segments like AC motor, DC motor, & special purpose motors.
What are 3 types of motor controls?
There are four basic motor controller and drive types: AC, DC, servo, and stepper, each having an input power type modified to the desired output function to match with an application.
What are the 3 types of DC motors?
Main Types of DC Motors
- Permanent Magnet DC Motors. The permanent magnet motor uses a permanent magnet to create field flux. …
- Series DC Motors. In a series DC motor, the field is wound with a few turns of a large wire carrying the full armature current. …
- Shunt DC Motors. …
- Compound DC Motors.
Which drive is used in textile industry?
Applications of Industrial Drives > ROLLING MILL DRIVES: The following types of drives are used for rolling mills: (i) DC motors, (ii) AC slip ring motors with speed control. The DC motors, because, of their inherent characteristics, are best suited for the rolling mills.
Which motor is known as universal?
Therefore the universal motor is also known as an AC series motor or an AC commutator motor.
Which starting method is the best method in induction motor?
Starting of an Induction Motor
- Direct on-line starter. The direct on-line starter method, of an induction motor, is simple and economical. …
- Star delta starter. The star delta starter method of starting three-phase induction motors is very common and widely used among all the methods. …
- Autotransformer starter.
Why DC motor is used in industry?
For industrial applications that require constant low-speed torque or precise speed adjustments, DC motors are likely going to be the best choice. They’re easier to maintain and provide superior speed control while eliminating the problems caused by harmonic effects.
How can a motor be made more powerful?
Motor can be made more powerful by winding the coil on a soft iron core of by increasing the number of turns of the coil.
What are the types of motors?
Types of Electric Motors
- AC Brushless Motors. AC brushless motors are some of the most popular in motion control. …
- DC Brushed Motors. In a DC brushed motor, brush orientation on the stator determines current flow. …
- DC Brushless Motors. …
- Direct Drive. …
- Linear Motors. …
- Servo Motors. …
- Stepper Motors.